Mission & Vision
The Glendale-River Hills School District is committed to being a leader in education as characterized by:
A safe and nurturing environment in which students, staff, parents and community members feel free to participate, take risks and think creatively.
- An educational setting which integrates current research and technology and encourages innovation.
- A highly qualified staff using a rich, multi-faceted curriculum and programs emphasizing student responsibility for learning, preparing students for good citizenship and promoting a positive self-image and a joy for learning which meet the diverse needs of all students.
- A positive environment emphasizing collaboration, cooperation and teamwork.
- The use of effective communications, public relations and community resources to build supportive community involvement.
- Opportunities for individuals to set goals and be successful.
- Assessment-for-learning to guide improvement efforts.
As a part of the greater Glendale-River Hills community, the School District will lead in creating a supportive learning environment to inspire all students to strive for excellence in pursuing a strong academic foundation to succeed in and contribute to the global community.
Goal 1: Provide a Safe, Respectful and Supportive Learning Environment
Goal 2: Ensure High Levels of Academic and Social-Emotional Growth for All Students
Goal 3: Cultivate and Sustain an Informed, Supportive Community
Goal 4: Achieve Excellence in Staff and Department Performance
Goal 5: Optimize Available District Funding Resources